Archive for June, 2009
we’re awful busy around here…decided to take a break for a bit! signing off for now. be back in a month or so.
so it looks like it’s gallstones… wow seriously. all this time.
i can remember the first time it was really really bad. i was pregnant with liz and trying to sew diapers and i realized the pain was getting worse and worse under the right side of my rib. i could remember something strenuous i had done prior and thought i must have pulled a rib out! it never got better… it just stopped. not even sure when. sometime, not long, after having lizzie…
i remember having pains between my shoulder blades for years and i’ve always had enzyme and digestive problems and a sensitive stomach…
yet, in the last 6 months it seems to have been slowly increasing. nausea, inability to eat – lose of appetite, sensitivity, weakness, headaches… (see lists below)
this morning i just mentioned something to my sister and we did some quick researching while we were on the phone and she started listing these symptoms to me.
- Pain or tenderness under the rib cage on the right side
- Pain between shoulder blades
- Stools light or chalky colored
- Indigestion after eating, especially fatty or greasy foods
- Burping or belching
- Feeling of fullness or food not digesting
- Diarrhea (or alternating from soft to watery)
- Headache over eyes, especially right
- Bitter fluid comes up after eating
- Frequent use of laxatives
then she sent me a link to this website: gallbladderattack.com and i read these:
- Moderate to severe pain under the right side of the rib cage
- Pain may radiate through to the back or to the right shoulder
- Severe upper abdominal pain (biliary colic)
- Burping or belching
- Attacks are often at night
- Attacks often occur after overeating
- Pain will often but not always follow a meal with fats or grease
- Pain may be worse with deep inhalation
- Attacks can last from 15 minutes to 15 hours
i believe this is the point i started crying… i know, i’m dramatic. but the relief was overwhelming. i wasn’t going to die. i wasn’t going to have to live with all of this forever. i was going to be able to eat again and have more children and help eric build our house. i am going to be able to pack our house and move us a few car loads at a time myself… i could keep going but i won’t.
don’t judge me. after 6 months of these symptoms you would think you were dying too!
so are you wondering why i’m telling you this?? i’m wondering myself… maybe because i’m excited for a new phase in my life of eating and playing with my daughter… maybe because i believe this is curable without surgery… or maybe just cuz i couldn’t think of anything else to blog about today and i was in the mood to blog.
here’s what was recommended to me to do.
If you have blood sugar problems, don’t start this cleanse until after 2:00 p.m., and eat a good amt. Of meat earlier in the day, especially in the morning.
1. Magnesium citrate capsules and/or disodium phosphate with simply real apple juice to help round off gallstones
2. Drink apple juice all day long (fast on it).
If you have blood sugar problems, eat lots of meat protein for the first 2 meals of the day, then begin the apple juice fast after 2 p.m.
3. Mix 3 Tbls organic cream w/ 3Tbls 100% real lemon juice, drink it just before bed. Lay on right side for 30 minutes, then go to sleep.
4. The next day, repeat step 2 and 3
today is day 1… shall i keep you posted? hmm passing stones, maybe it’s not blog worthy… 😉 i imagine i’ll do some gallbladder support herbs and remedies after this cleanse too… i suppose if you don’t hear me whining and complaining and you start seeing me in public again, you’ll know it all worked! 😀
i don’t think i’m alone in finding great pleasure in GIVING a gift! i absolutely love it! i like to spend quite a bit of time on it and if i don’t i feel guilty!!! 🙂
i had fun with mary catherine’s gift!
mc and pat had a pretty big day yesterday… i’m disappointed that i didn’t have my camera glued to me. i really struggled taking pictures though. it was very dark and my weeny digital camera flash just couldn’t handle it. not to mention, i had a hard enough time keeping track of my bouquet. 🙂 it ended up being a gorgeous day weather-wise and i hope it was the best day of their lives. 😀
(thanks marie for a some GREAT photos :))